An early incarnation of the Autopoint Company was the Realite Pencil Company. The partners in that company were Frank Deli, Michael Kaufmann, and John Lynn. In 1921, they brought Charles Keeran into the business. Keeran owned the trademark for the "Autopoint" name. Earlier Mr. Keeran had produced "Eversharp" pencils. He entered into a business arrangement with the Wahl company which had then forced him out of the company.
The Autopoint Company sold pencils under the "Realite" brand name for many years.
Here is the Realite letterhead showing an early pencil.
Prepared by Robert L. Bolin