Gibbs, Dale L. | Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska--Lincoln Libraries
A professor of architecture at the University of Nebraska Lincoln, Dale L. Gibbs received numerous accolades for his work including being invested in the American Institute of Architects College of Fellows in 1987. He was a UNL Distinguished Teaching Award winner in 1967, was elected as a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts of Great Britain in 1979, and served on the Building Technologies Committee of the National Research Council from 1974 to 1976.
A native of Neligh, Nebraska, Gibbs earned his BA in architecture from UNL, MA from Yale University, and PhD from the University of Pennsylvania. He began working as a practicing architect in 1953. Gibbs served on the Lincoln Urban Design Committee as well as serving as a founding member of Lincoln Landmarks and the State Capital Foundation.